Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 very large onions, finely chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 4-6 Bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and chopped small
- 400g quinoa
- 1 litre gluten-free vegetable stock
- 500g fresh chard or spinach, chopped roughly
- 400g smoked, peppered mackerel, pulled into smallish pieces
- Heat the oil in a wide, heavy pan and gently fry the onion with a pinch of salt for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chillies and continue to fry for 8-10 minutes or until they are quite soft.
- Add the quinoa, stir around then add the stock.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped chard or spinach and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid mainly absorbed.
- Finally stir in the mackerel, cover the dish and leave it for 15 minutes for the flavours to meld.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve at room temperature.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.