Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 150g red lentils
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g spinach or similar leaf, washed and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and then add the onion.
- Allow the onion to soften before adding the garlic and spices.
- Keep stirring while they cook for a minute or two.
- Then add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, potatoes, lentils and maple syrup.
- Refill the tomato can with water and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and put a lid on.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until everything is nearly cooked.
- Add the spinach and yogurt and cook for a further 5 or so minutes until the spinach has wilted completely.
- Serve immediately.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.