The coconut milk gives this soup a deliciously smooth consistency and silky texture – the ginger gives it an edge.
Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 500g / 18 oz fresh carrots, topped and tailed cut in thick rounds
- 2 medium to large leeks, trimmed and cut in thick slices
- a 40–50g / 2 oz piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 400ml / 14fl oz tin of coconut milk
- 1 litre / 1¾ pints gluten and wheat free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the carrots, leeks, ginger, coconut milk and stock into a largish pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrot is soft.
- Purée in a food processor then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve decorated with a few thin slivers of leek.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.